Topic Wise SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 and exam pattern: As per official SSC CHSL notification, SSC CHSL syllabus 2018 for tier 1, 2 and 3 exams along with exam pattern explained below.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 for All Tiers
Here is the topic wise SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 and exam pattern to help you prepare better.
The SSC CHSL will consist of tier 1, 2 and 3 examinations. Tier -I is a completely computer based written examination, Tier-II is a descriptive paper and Tier-III is a Typing Test/Skill Test to be conducted for the post of Data Entry Operator, Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant (PA/SA), Lower Division Clerk and Court Clerk.
- Tier -I: Computer based Written Examination
- Tier-II: Descriptive Paper
- Tier-III: Typing Test/Skill Test
First let’s sneak peek into the exam pattern and syllabus of SSC CHSL 2018. Staff Selection Commission conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level exam in three levels (Tier 1, 2 & 3) where in each level throws a different challenge for candidates.
SSC CHSL 2018 Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Tier I
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 for tier 1 exam consist of English comprehension, General Awareness ,General Intelligence and Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude sections with 100 objective based questions for 200 marks.
SSC CHSL Syllabus and exam pattern for tier 1 follows as:
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||1 hour|
- The first level is the Tier-1 examination where you would be writing an online examination entirely of Objective Multiple Choice.
- There would be 4 sections in Tier-1 where candidates will be tested in English comprehension, General Awareness ,General Intelligence and Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude spanning over an hour.
- In one hour (60 minutes) candidates are supposed to answer 100 questions( 25 from each section) for 200 marks.
- There is negative marking of 0.5 for every wrong answer and so candidates are advised to be careful in answering,
- However the time is extended for candidates who are differently abled and the time for them is 100 minutes.
SSC CHSL 2018 Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Tier II
- Coming to Tier-2 , Tier-2 is basically an offline exam where in the candidates need to write the answers in detail unlike choosing the correct answer as in Tier-1.
- The paper is descriptive in Tier-2 and should be answered in English/Hindi.
- Questions worth 100 marks are to be answered in a time duration of 60 minutes in Tier-2
- Application writing( Letter Writing ) and Essay writing will be asked usually in Tier-2 which should be around 200 words and 250 words respectively.
- The base qualifying marks in Tier-2 is 33% ( this percentage may subject to change ).
- For differently abled candidates, the duration is extended and the time for them in Tier-2 is 80 minutes.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 and Exam Pattern for Tier III
- Tier-3 is basically a skill test where the typing ability is stressed upon a lot.
- This is a Computer Proficiency test and so the technical aspects are tested here which are kind of prerequisites for various government positions.
- The duration of this test id fifteen minutes and what are they going to look in those fifteen minutes is your data entry speed.
- The speed should be eight thousand key depressions per hour on the computer.
- Depending on the post, the skill test may vary accordingly as different tests require different skills.
- For Court clerks, PA’s and LDC’s the minimum typing speed should be 35 words per minute( in English) and 30 words per minute if its in Hindi.
- Basing on the very speed, the posts will be allotted to candidates who possess better skills and typing speeds.
Since we promised at the beginning to take you through the topic wise SSC CHSL syllabus 2018 , Here we have a glimpse of the syllabus in Tier-1.
SSC CHSL Syllabus Topic Wise
SSC CHSL Syllabus topic wise weightage provided for English language, General Awareness ,General Intelligence and Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude sections.
SSC CHSL Syllabus: English Language
In English Comprehension, we have:
- Reading Comprehensions
- Para Jumbles
- Cloze test
- Paragraph Completion
- Active/ Passive Voice
- One word Substitute
- Fill in the Blanks
SSC CHSL Syllabus: General Awareness
Coming to General Awareness , we have
- Awards and Honors
- Books and Authors
- General Polity
- Scientific Research
SSC CHSL Syllabus: Quantitative Aptitude
In Quantitative Ability we have
- Data Interpretation
- Number Systems
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Surds and Indices
- Sequence and Series
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Time and Distance
- Work and Time
SSC CHSL Syllabus: General Intelligence
Now what we have left is the General Intelligence and Reasoning. So the topics which are in this regard are :
- Alphanumeric series
- Alphabet test
- Blood Relations
- Coded Inequalities
- Coding Decoding
- Data Sufficiency
- Direction sense
- Input Output
- Logical Reasoning
- Seating Arrangement
well this is it. The SSC CHSL 2018 syllabus you ought to know before giving your best shot at the test . We hope this would guide you through the exam and will fetch you further in the quest for cracking the SSC CHSL examination.
Wishing all the candidates all the very best for their future endeavors.