RBI Assistant Syllabus 2017: RBI Syllabus 2017 for prelims and mains assistant exam – Detailed topic wise RBI Assistant Syllabus 2017 and exam pattern released by the Reserve Bank of India for the post of Assistant in various branches of the bank across the country.
Read this article carefully to know in detail about the RBI Assistant 2017 Syllabus for prelims with topic wise weight-age, marks distribution, exam pattern, etc.
The RBI Assistant 2017 exam will consist of three stages and they follows as:
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
- Language Proficiency Test
Note 1: Interview replaced with a Language Proficiency Test (LPT) for RBI Assistant 2017.
Note 2: The RBI assistant 2017 Prelims exam marks will not be considered for final selection. Only Marks obtained in RBI Assistant Mains exam and language proficiency test are considered for preparing the final merit list.
Note 3: RBI Assistant Pre-exam training will be conducted for SC, ST & PWD candidates by the reserve bank of India in selected cities all over the country.
RBI Assistant Syllabus 2017 – Prelims Exam Pattern
RBI Assistant Syllabus 2017 for preliminary examination consist of English language, reasoning ability and numerical ability sections with 100 objective based questions for 100 marks. It’s an online test and as negative marks as a penalty for wrong answers equal to one fourth (0.25) marks to be deducted from the final score. The total time duration of RBI Assistant 2017 online test is 1 hour.
- Exam Name: RBI Assistant
- Job types: Govt Jobs
- Number of Questions: 100
- Total Marks: 100
- Max. Time Duration: 1 hour
- Type of Questions: Objective type only
- Exam mode: Online test
- Negative marks: 0.25
Check the detailed RBI Syllabus for Assistant Prelims exam in the following table.
|Sr. No.||Name of Section||Qs||Marks||Time|
RBI Assistant 2017 – Exam Pattern
- The first level is the RBI Assistant preliminary examination where you would be writing an online examination entirely of Objective type Multiple Choice.
- There would be 4 sections in RBI Assistant prelims exam where candidates will be tested in English language, reasoning ability and numerical ability spanning over an hour.
- In one hour (60 minutes) candidates are supposed to answer 100 questions for the maximum of 100 marks.
- There is negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer and so candidates are advised to be careful in answering the questions in the RBI Assistant 2017.
RBI Assistant Syllabus – Mains Exam
RBI Assistant Syllabus 2017 for main exam consist of reasoning, quantitative aptitude, English language, computer knowledge and general awareness. It’s also an online test, objective type and conducted for 200 marks with 200 questions.
Detailed RBI Assistant Syllabus Topic Wise Marks
Now check the topic wise RBI Assistant syllabus and online exam pattern for English language, Reasoning ability and Numerical Ability sections.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in both the RBI Assistant Prelims and Mains exams.
- Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests of RBI Assistant exam.
- A candidate has to qualify in RBI Assistant Prelims exam for appearing in Mains online test.
- The above main online tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi
RBI Assistant Syllabus – English Language
An English language section in the RBI Assistant preliminary exam has a total of 30 marks weightage. Check the topic wise RBI Assistant Syllabus for English language section.
Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary and Verbal Ability are 4 parts of English language section for the RBI Assistant exam 2017, where candidates need to prepare to score decent marks.
- Reading Comprehension: 7 to 10 marks
- Error Spotting & Phrase Replacement: 7 to 10 marks
- Cloze Test: 5 to 10 marks
- Verbal Ability (Para Jumbles): 5 marks
- Vocabulary: 5 marks
RBI Assistant Syllabus – Reasoning Ability
In the RBI Assistant exam, linear and circular seating arrangement type questions are really confusing in manner, once you got logic, then it will be easier than the rest of the questions. Syllogisms and Inequality questions are bit of tricky to solve.
- Linear Arrangement – 5 marks
- Circular Arrangement – 5 marks
- Scheduling – 5 marks
- Syllogisms – 5 marks
- Inequality – 5 marks
- Directions & Distances – 2 marks
- Coding Decoding – 1 mark
- Blood Relations – 3 marks
- Arrangement & Pattern – 5 marks
RBI Assistant Syllabus – Numerical Ability
The Numerical section in the RBI Assistant exam has some easier topics to score decent marks such as data interpretation and number series. If you are good at calculating percentages, then it will be easier to solve chart (line/graph/pie) based questions.
- Data Interpretation – 5 marks
- Number Series – 5 marks
- Quadratic Equations – 1 to 2 marks
- Simplification – 10 marks
- Miscellaneous – 15 marks
Miscellaneous includes questions in Profit & Loss, Speed, Distance & Time, Time & Work, Boats & Streams, Ages, Averages, Interest, Partnership, Mixtures and Allegations, Ratio & Proportion, Probability & Permutation Combination and Mensuration.